Vessels in the former Yugoslavia were often given the names of cities, and one of these names was Banja Luka.
1968 – built for Atlantic Sailing in the Italian shipyard Cantieri Riuniti dell’Adriatico – Cantiere San Marco Trieste, as a “new building 1905” under the name of BANJA LUKA. It was launched on March 15 and handed over on June 5, 1968.
Italian builders of the Cantieri Riuniti dell’Adriatico (“United Shipbuilders of the Adriatic”) made this ship about a year before the sale of the company, and it was purchased by the largest shipbuilding company of today’s Europe, the Fincantieri Group.
Photo of anchoring in Rotterdam (The Netherlands), and Antwerp (Belgium). In the photograph, it can be noticed that the name BANJA LUKA was not removed from the ship after renaming, only above the new one was written, and such was served under the UK flag.
AL_RAZAK – July 30, 1986 – Port of Antwerp Belgium – The last picture, after unloading, extended to the Indian Ocean in Karachi Pakistan to dismantle
On October 2, he was handed over to the rescue center in Gadana Beach, Pakistan.