The families of killed members of the Yugoslav People’s Army /JNA/ feel bitter for being unable to pay tribute today to their beloved ones in the former Dobrovoljacka Street in Sarajevo.
Bogdana Tomovic, mother of the killed JNA member Zdravko Tomovic, says she is again in pain because today she was only 200 meters from the street where her child was murdered, but was not allowed to lay flowers.
She was wondering what country she lives in and where the freedom is.
“I would like to ask all the institutions to no longer allow this, but to make possible for us to freely go to the Dobrovoljacka Street and lay flowers at the site where our beloved ones were killed,” said Tomovic.
Gordana Gvozdenovic, whose brother Obrad was killed in the Dobrovoljacka Street, has said they again laid to the victims’ families last year in Sarajevo promising them that they would be allowed to peacefully lay flowers and light candles.
“At the last minute we were told not to go because our lives may be in risk. We are not afraid of anyone in Sarajevo, but we gave up the idea because causing any problems on this day is wrong,” said Gvozdenovic.
She was wondering where the Prosecutor’s Office of Bosnia and Herzegovina is today and where the lawsuits filed by the families of the victims are.
The 25th anniversary of the crime committed against the members of the Yugoslav People’s Army /JNA/ in Dobrovoljacka Street in Sarajevo was marked today by serving a memorial service in the Church of Saint George and laying of wreaths at the memorial cross in the Military Cemetery in Miljevici.
Members of the Green Berets, Patriotic League, Interior Ministry and Territorial Defence of BiH attacked the JNA army convoy in Dobrovoljacka Street on May 2, 1992.
In this attack, 42 JNA members lost their lives, of whom 32 were Serbs, six Croats, two Bosniaks and two Albanians.
On that occasion, 207 JNA members were captured, 71 were injured, and nine prisoners of war were executed a day after.
The Dobrovoljacka Street crime has not yet gotten a court epilogue.