- What is exact amount of public debt of the RS? posted on July 21, 2017
- Serbian girl with world wide “girl of the year” status and helpfull tool! posted on July 11, 2017
- Ferhadija – Queen of Bosnian Mosques posted on May 6, 2016
- Construction of Factory ‘Henkel ceresit’ in Bileća starts posted on October 8, 2013
- 30 smartest people alive today posted on May 26, 2017
According to Serbia’s outgoing Foreign Minister Ivica Dacic, Serbia will ask New York City to help rebuild the Serbian Orthodox Church of St. Sava.
The church, located in Manhattan, was destroyed in a blaze on May 1, Orthodox Easter.
Dacic, who is in New York for a UN Security Council session on Kosovo, toured the site, describing the fire and its outcome as “a great tragedy.”
“As far as I have been informed, an investigation is ongoing about this event, and its results will be awaited in order to determine the cause of the fire,” he said, adding:
“Our community will insist that the full truth is established. Beside the insurance money, we will ask New York City through diplomatic channels to help rebuild, or build a new church.”
Dacic added that head of the Serbian caretaker government Aleksandar Vucic authorized him to say that the government will help rebuild the church, “because it has great significance for the Serbian community and the Serbian spirit in New York.”
“In a year or two there should be a Serbian church here… we’ll do our best,” Dacic stressed.