Banjaluka, August 27 – Representatives of the Veterans Association, the families of killed soldiers and the Republika Srpska Association of Prison Camp Detainees have welcomed the issuance of indictment against wartime commander of Bosnian Muslim forces in Srebrenica, Naser Oric, but also expect the BiH Prosecutor’s Office to expand indictment and to process all responsible for the crimes against Serbs in Podrinje.President of the Republika Srpska Veterans Associtaion /BORS/, Milomir Savcic, has welcomed the fact that the BiH Prosecutor’s Office finally issued an indictment against Oric as there are numerous evidence and witness statements of the war crimes committed against Serbs in Podrinje.
Savcic told SRNA that Oric has not been previously prosecuted as he has had political protection, even though numerous evidence of the crimes committed against Serbs existed earlier.
“The question is what the vast machinery of the Hague Tribunal did and how could it happen that so many investigators and prosecutors failed to investigate Oric case and prosecute him,” said Savcic.
Savcic recalled that the BiH Prosecutor’s Office exempted this case after the District Court in Bijeljina had become involved in the investigation of war crimes committed by Oric,again for political reasons.
“The BiH Prosecutor’s Office filed an indictment against Oric over hugh public pressure, numerous evidence and eyewitness of the slaughtering of a judge, Slobodan Ilic, and murder of a nurse at the same location,” said President of the BORS.
Savcic is of the opinion that the indictment against Oric must be extended as it is not about three murders, but, unfortunately, a much larger number of the murders of the Serbs, prisoners of war and civilians.
President of the Republika Srpska Organisation of the Families of Captured and Killed Soldiers and Missing Civilians, Nedeljko Mitrovic, has expected the issuance of the indictment against Oric after his previous arrest in Switzerland based on Interpol arrest warrant issued by Serbia.
Mitrovic told SRNA that he does not consider the indictment against Oric spectacular unless it gets extended during the court proceedings.
“I do not expect more significant development in the processing of war crimes against Serbs in Bosnia as long as the part of the international community supports the Bosniak politics in Bosnia,” said Mitrovic.
President of the Republika Srpska Association of Prison Camp Detainees, Branislav Dukic, told SRNA that the BiH Prosecutor’s Office must expand the indictment against Oric because not only three Serbs were murdered in Podrinje, as noted in the current indictment, but more than 3,600.
He said that the BiH Prosecutor’s Office should have indicted Oric and his accomplices much earlier.
“Unfortunately, Oric is still a national hero in Sarajevo, which is utterly unacceptable to the Serb victims of the war,” Dukic said.
The BiH Prosecutor’s Office issued indictments against Naser Oric and Sabahudin Muhic, who are charged with war crimes against prisoners of war.
Oric and Muhic are charged with acting in contravention of International Humanitarian Law and the Geneva Conventions during the war and armed conflict between the so-called Army of Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Army of Republika Srpska in the Srebrenica and Bratunac area, as a commander and a member of the so-called Army of Bosnia and Herzegovina.