- What is exact amount of public debt of the RS? posted on July 21, 2017
- Serbian girl with world wide “girl of the year” status and helpfull tool! posted on July 11, 2017
- Ferhadija – Queen of Bosnian Mosques posted on May 6, 2016
- Construction of Factory ‘Henkel ceresit’ in Bileća starts posted on October 8, 2013
- 30 smartest people alive today posted on May 26, 2017
Serbia’s candidate for the UN’s Secretary-General Vuk Jeremić refused to make the compromise that would make him Deputy Secretary-General of the UN.
He could become Deputy if he drops his candidacy for the front position of the global organization, reports Danas citing sources from New York’s diplomatic circles.
As the newspaper notes, Vuk Jeremić’s backing out would free up the spot for the first-ranked candidate Anotnio Guterres.
This offer is meant to represent a compromise within the UN Security Council, which would implement the regional rotation principle to some extent, because Jeremić would get the second spot as the best ranked East-European candidate .
According to Danas, Jeremić refused this proposal, so the expectation is for certain standing members of the UN Security Council to lobby in the next voting round, which starts on Wednesday, for other candidates from East Europe who would find this proposal interesting.