On the occasion of the 9th January – the Day of the Republic of Srpska, the President of the Republic of Srpska, Željka Cvijanović said that this was the opportunity to thank them all for things they have given for the Republic of Srpska.
”In this way, we want to show respect to our citizens”, said Cvijanović.
The President conferred distinguished institutions and individuals with:
ORDER OF THE REPUBLIC OF SRPSKA FLAG WITH GOLDEN WREATH
- The National Theater of the Republic of Srpska – for its contribution to the development of cultural and artistic life, as well as to the results and achievements of wider significance in the affirmation of the Republic of Srpska;
- Aleksandar Vulin, the Minister of Defense of the Republic of Serbia – for work and merit in international co-operation and for the consolidation of peace, personal results and achievements, as well as for contribution to the development of overall relations between the Republic of Serbia and the Republic of Srpska.
ORDER OF THE REPUBLIC OF SRPSKA FLAG WITH SILVER WREATH
- Vladimir Nikolić, Consul General of the Republic of Serbia in Banja Luka – for work and merit in international co-operation and for the consolidation of peace, personal results and achievements, as well as for contribution to the development of overall relations between the Republic of Serbia and the Republic of Srpska.
ORDER OF HONOUR WITH GOLDEN RAYS
- Radoje Simić, Ph.D., pediatric surgery specialist and director of the Institute for Health Protection of Mother and Child of Serbia “Dr. Vukan ČupiĆ”, Belgrade – for recognized long-standing work in health care and a great contribution to the treatment and provision of health services for children from the Republika Srpska, as well as contribution to the mutual cooperation of health institutions from the Republic of Serbia and the Republic of Srpska.
ORDER OF NJEGOŠ II RANK
- Elementary school ”Dositej Obradović”, Banja Luka – for special merit in the field of education, as well as one hundred and forty years of successful work, which contributes to the general progress and reputation of the Republic of Srpska.
ORDER OF NJEGOŠ III RANK
For recognized work in cultural and spiritual development, as well as for special merits in the field of public service, contributing to the overall progress of the Republic of Srpska:
- Momir Krsmanović, writer;
- Desanka Trakilović, conductor of the Serbian Orthodox Singing Society “Srbadija”, Bijeljina.
ORDER OF THE CROSS OF MERCY
For the sacrifice and courage in the care of the wounded during the armed struggle in the defense of the Republic of Srpska, as well as many years of work in the treatment of patients and a major contribution to the development of the healthcare system of the Republic of Srpska:
- Saša Vujnović, Ph.D. – Radiology specialist and Head of the Department of Clinical Radiology at the UCC of the Republic of Srpska;
- Mihail Mikov Nikolov, MD – volunteer physician in the past Defense Patriotic War.
MEDAL OF MERITS FOR THE PEOPLE
For merits in the field of humanitarian and spiritual work, for displaying personal courage, top achievements in the field of sports, culture and the arts, which contribute to the overall affirmation of the Republic of Srpska:
- Vedran Petrović, Bijeljina – a member of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Srpska;
- Jura Komljena, Prijedor – a member of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Srpska;
- Savo Milošević – the celebrated Serbian footballer and coach of FC ”Partizan”, Belgrade;
- Marko Marina – a German professional footballer of Serbian descent and captain of FC ”Crvena Zvezda”, Belgrade,
- Dijana Žirojević – Sports judge, multiple champion, Judo coach and distinguished sports worker, Banja Luka;
- Mihajlo Čeprkal – swimmer from Banja Luka and an Olympian;
- Nada Stjepanović, Brcko – the 3rd year undergraduate student at the City University of New York, Brooklyn College, Graduate School of Cinematography;
- Maria Frederick Agnes van Hoffen – founder of the Home for Children and Youth without Parental Care “Prijateljska kuća”, Doboj;
- Bojan Mikulić – academic sculptor and the author of sculptures at the Stari Brod Memorial Museum;
- Milan Mišo Radaković – longtime director of the Tennis Club ”Mladost” and ATP Challenger Banja Luka, posthumously.