Dusan Tadic received the extremely rare honour of a perfect 10/10 match rating from prestigious French football publication L’Equipe after his sensational performance saw Ajax knock holders Real Madrid out of the UEFA Champions League.
The Serbian attacker absolutely tormented Madrid, registering two assists and a goal as Ajax staged an incredible comeback at the Santiago Bernabeu.
The Dutch side triumphed 4-1 on the day, overturning a 1-2 first-leg deficit to progress to the quarter-finals 5-3 on aggregate.
L’Equipe rewarded the 30-year-old’s performance by making him only the ninth player to receive a perfect match rating from them, since the first recipient Franck Sauzee in 1988.
“This is probably the best game of football I’ve ever played,” Tadic told Veronica TV.
“Zidane was always my favourite player. Maybe I was watching too many of his clips.”
Ajax captain Matthijs De Ligt was rated second best, receiving a nine out of 10, and no player from the Amsterdam club scored lower than seven.
Madrid, on the other hand, were slaughtered in the ratings – with holding midfielder Casemiro given an abysmal score of one, and nobody higher than four.
The full list of L’Equipe’s only 10/10 scores is as follows:
1. Sauzee (France v Greece, 1988)
2. Bruno Martini (France v Greece, 1988)
3. Oleg Salenko (Russia v Cameroon, 1994)
4. Lars Windfeld (Aarhus v Nantes, 1997)
5. Lionel Messi (Barcelona v Arsenal, 2010)
6. Lionel Messi (Barcelona v Bayer Leverkusen, 2012)
7. Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund v Real Madrid, 2013)
8. Carlos Eduardo (Nice v Guingamp, 2014)
9. Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain v Dijon, 2018)
10. Dusan Tadic (Ajax v Real Madrid, 2019)