Halfway between Banja Luka and Doboj, on the north side of Borja Mountain, is the medieval Orthodox monastery of Liplje.
The monastery was built on the gentle plain next to the mouth of the Mliječnica brook in the Bistrica river, at the widest part of the narrow mountain valley that formed along the Bistrica stream, at the beginning of the 13th century.
The name “Liplje” itself was mentioned already in 1273, but explicitly as a monastery, according to now known historical sources, was mentioned only at the end of the fifteenth century in Kruševski’s speech.
According to Justin Ćelijski, the monastery is the endowment of King Dragutin from the end of the thirteenth (13th) century, although it was probably built on the foundations of an old church. The national belief is that it is the endowment of St. Sava.
The monastery was originally dedicated to St. Nikola, but after the restoration in the nineteenth century, it was sanctified in honor of the Blessing of the Most Holy Virgin.
This church building belongs to the order of larger medieval sacral objects. There are other monastic buildings: an old house that existed from the west side of the church, a dining room from the south, a watermill and on Mliječnica, as well as an economic buildings in Pojatine.
In the immediate vicinity of the monastery there are the spring of Kaluđerac, two fishponds, oak forest and others. This land estate is surrounded by forests, pastures and arable land.